Thursday, February 11, 2010

The precious miracle of life.

Coming September 2010.



We got to witness a miracle yesterday. We had our first OB appointment in Norfolk and we got to see our baby on an ultrasound. It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my life. I could have stayed in that room watching our baby forever. I have been replaying those moments over and over again in my mind ever since. It was such a wonderful blessing to be able to see that heart beating fast and strong and to see our baby's little head and arms. We know that new life is truly a gift from God and we are extremely grateful. I have many more thoughts to share about pregnancy and about our future, but I will leave it at this for now. We would appreciate your prayers as our precious little baby continues to develop and grow.

Psalm 139:13-16
"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb, I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works, my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance, in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them."

8 comments:

  1. :-D :-D yay! So exciting :) Been waiting for this :)
    Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I will definitely be praying! I hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee!!!! What wonderful, wonderful news! You guys will be AMAZING parents! I couldn't be more thrilled for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay!!!!! Praying for you Emily!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! You're pregnant! Congratulations! You are going to be such a cute pregnant lady, the sweetest mommy and the best parents! I am so happy for you two! Can't wait to read the rest of your thoughts:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Emily and Sam. How exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete