All weekend and again this morning I have been thinking of the verse, Psalm 51:7, which says, "wash me and I will be whiter than snow." I think snow is a beautiful image of what Christ has done for us. During winter, the earth is brown and dead, the trees are gray and barren and every imperfection is exposed. When it snows, the gray, barrenness of the trees becomes white and beautiful. The imperfections disappear under the blanket of white, clean snow. Similarly, my heart was barren, dead, dirty, and imperfect. Christ came to this earth and lived a perfect life. He did all the things that I will fail to do. Through his death on the cross, my heart became clean, pure and white as snow. Through Christ, when God looks at me, it is like he is looking at Dahlgren, VA covered in snow. He sees Christ's good works and his perfection instead of my sin. I love how God gives us tangible images of the abstract ways in which he works.
On another note, I am very proud of Sam for passing his first test here at school! He only missed one question. We braved the snow and the Potomac River bridge, on which I always wonder if we'll make it across alive, and headed 30 minutes to La Plata to celebrate at Texas Roadhouse. That place has never tasted so good. Last night was by far the best night we have had here in Dahlgren.
Notice I have even started braiding my hair here in Dahlgren. I guess this place is rubbing off on me!
Ha ha, love the braids. Good ol Dahlgren.
ReplyDelete