Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The best week in Dahlgren.

Last week was the best week in Dahlgren, because we only spent two whole days here. Sam got permission to miss a day of school so that he could come to my appointment with me. Our original plan was to drive down Wednesday morning and to drive back up here right after my appointment. I was less than thrilled with this plan, considering that the more days away from Dahlgren, the better, but it was what worked best with Sam's schedule. My grumpy attitude about this plan did not take into account God's continuing goodness and grace to us. As you all know, the mid- Atlantic was hammered by another snowstorm last week. The forecast predicted that Dahlgren could get between 7 and 14 inches of snow Tuesday and Wednesday, so we decided we should leave as soon as possible if we wanted to make it to my appointment. Due to a scheduling error at the school, Sam got out very early on Tuesday. Yet another example of God's goodness to us. On Wednesday Sam's school was canceled, so he didn't even end up missing a day. We had such a fun time together on this trip away from Dahlgren. We stopped at Baskin Robbins in Williamsburg and then went on to the outlets.


My sweet hubby knows how to make me happy. When I was young, I told my grandmother that my two favorite things were malls and ice cream. Not a lot has changed I guess. At the outlets, I found some boots at L.L Bean for $5.00. Yes, $5.00. Sam also bought me a fleece vest, a new Columbia jacket and another pair of shoes, all of which were ridiculously less expensive than normal. We decided to stay in a hotel Tuesday night, since we have imposed on our friends far more than enough. Sam used priceline negotiator and we ended up with a room on the beach for $50.00. Once again, God is so good to us. It was so wonderful to fall asleep to the sound of the waves crashing on the beach. At breakfast, we sat right by the window looking out onto the ocean once again. It was amazing.


After our appointment, we had a late lunch at Chick fil a, where I ate the noodles out of the chicken noodle soup, because I have not been real into chicken lately. As I said before, what I do love is ice cream. Right now I am particularly into Friendly's ice cream Sundays. I know this is awful, but they are so amazingly good. Nothing hits the spot for me like one of those Sundays. Sam continued his sweetness and we stopped in Williamsburg on the way back for a Friendly's Sunday. We then left on Friday for a 3 day weekend in MD. It was a wonderful week and I am so thankful!

2 comments:

  1. What a perfect weekend, I love that picture of you by the water. :-) It was so good to see you all today, we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you guys get to relax a bit! Enjoy each other and the getaways now because they'll be few & far between when the baby comes :)

    ReplyDelete