Friday, February 5, 2010
No salt, No shovels, No boots.
In light of the forecast predicting 20+ inches of snow for both Dahlgren and Annapolis, I went in search of some boots today. Sam took the car this morning, so I decided to take a little walk to the NEX. One benefit of a tiny base is that everything is pretty close. I walked over there and looked around the place in about 1 minute. Everything on this base is miniature. I decided to check with the guy at the counter just to make sure I didn't miss anything. He looked at me and said, "No salt, No shovels". I asked, "What about boots...snow boots". No snow boots. When I asked for a suggestion of another place to check, he said Walmart. When I asked where the closest Walmart is, he said Fredricksburg, which is about 40 minutes away. You know you are in a small town when the nearest Walmart is 40 minutes away. He also informed me that the Potomac River Bridge will probably close, so I don't want to go that way. I'm hoping that Sam will get out of his class early today, so that we can get out of here before that happens. If not, we will be taking a different way, because we are determined to get out of here. On my walk back to our room, I saw the entire cleaning staff flooring it out of the parking lot. I can only hope that Sam's teacher feels the same urgency to get away as they do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
One of Chris' instructors had told Chris there is no place in the whole entire county that you can buy pants down there.
ReplyDeletehope you were able to find some boots! I'm sure we can mail you some from co!
ReplyDelete