Friday, March 4, 2011

A great week

Thanks to everyone who offered support and advice after my sleep post! I really appreciate you sharing your experiences and thoughts. I've been working on being more consistent about how I put Joel down for naps and trying suggestions that you all offered and so far it's working great!

We have had such a fun week here with Sam home. He has put Joel to bed every night and it's so nice to have a little break in the evening. I love watching my husband love on his son. He makes Joel laugh so much and I love the look on Joel's face as he looks back and forth between Sam and I. He knows that all is well when he has two parents again.



The weather was beautiful on Wednesday, so after Sam got off of work, we headed over to get Mexican food for dinner and then walked around and got gelato for dessert. It was so wonderful to have time to talk and just be together. I think we communicate pretty well over email, but it's just not the same as being together.

And in other news, Joel went to nursery for the first time this week at bible study. It was getting way too hard to keep him with me. He was too loud and I ended up standing in the back during the talk every week, and he's too heavy for that now! He did great in nursery. I figured he would enjoy it, because he loves babies and people and getting attention. They said he smiled and laughed the whole time. It was a win-win for us both. I loved having a little time to fellowship with other women and study God's word uninterrupted and Joel had a great time socializing. I'm so thankful it went so well.

We may have some sleep issues, but overall Joel is such an easy baby and we are so blessed. He is so flexible and happy and has been such a trooper through all the craziness he's been through. His sweet personality really is a gift from God and I look forward to seeing it develop more as he grows up.

So, aside from some screaming and discouragement during nap time, it's been a pretty good week.

2 comments:

  1. What a great photo of Papa and son at their favorite dining establishment. I'll have to read about your sleep issues. I missed that one...I hope! Sounds like there's some improvement in your tone of 'meandering.' May God give you courage and endurance as you wait to be reunited...again. Love you, gal. --mama Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you are getting to attend a bible study and Joel is doing well in the nursery! Aww..he's growing up!

    ReplyDelete