Friday, February 11, 2011

Where have I been??

I really admire moms who can remain fashionable while living in the bubble that is stay at home motherhood. I am not that mom. But I'm working on it. I wanted to write a post titled, "you know your a stay at home mom when..." but I know several moms who these things don't apply to, so I'm going to go with "you know you are a stay at home mom like me when.."

-You just figured out that the shoes you wear every day are absolutely NOT in style anymore (and haven't been for a long time). So,

-You go to the mall mostly to try to figure out what kind of shoes you are supposed to wear.

-Your husband tells you to please spend money on clothes and shoes.

-You buy shirts that you liked in the store and then return them because things just don't fit the same as they did pre-baby.

-In order to solve that problem, you buy the same sweater in different colors.

-Once you finally do find clothes that you like, you don't want to wear them because they will inevitably become covered in spit up and who knows what else.

So excuse me while I go buy some Uggs....

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! This seems normal! And it gets better . . . I wasn't myself until L was at least 9 months! And then you get pregnant again and you're back to wearing pajama pants all day long (not that I do that, ofcourse . . . )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh can I relate! Right now I just feel like a giant kleenex! Plus, no one ever sees me besides my family and I am not the size I want to be - so what is the point of getting new clothes? I have decided that I am going to save up some money to reward myself with a shopping trip once I get the baby weight off. Wish me luck! Glad you are blogging again, Em! Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement ladies=) You are great! I miss you both!

    ReplyDelete