Friday, June 21, 2013

Favorite Florida Things

~Dramatic and glorious clouds during sunset. (This picture totally doesn't do it justice)

~Summer thunderstorms that provide a great break from the intense heat and sun and also make for the perfect napping environment.

~Friends who live close by.

~Our neighborhood pool.

~An amazing church with a great nursery, where I feel safe leaving Joel every Sunday and where he enjoys going. (We went to church in Orlando a few weeks ago and while we were walking in, Joel was crying "I want to go to my church....")

~A real house. After living in apartments always before this, I love having our own house, with our own garage, driveway and yard.

~Warm winters. I love that we can play outside at all times of the year. I really don't know what I'd do with a toddler all winter.

~A husband who comes home every night. I'm so thankful that we have been able to live life together consistently. No underways or duty or deployment looming.

~A Chipotle opening right down the street, since that is one of the places I really missed when we came here. (It was the first restaurant Joel ever went to...yeah, we love it.)


~Also, extra happy with life in Florida when it includes my parents, as it will for the next week!

~I'm so thankful for the ways I have seen God work in our lives and provide for us over these past (almost) two years. Life here is so much less lonely than it was at first and I'm so grateful for that!


1 comment:

  1. The pictures of Joel are fantastic! Such a cool little man.

    ReplyDelete