Thursday, July 1, 2010

4 Years

It was love at first sight. Seriously. When I walked into church on that first day, I saw him and I knew I would marry him. Thank goodness for the church picture directory, so I could find out the name of my future husband. I was in 6th grade. I have whole sections of my diary in middle school about this boy. (I was in middle school of course, so I have to admit that he's not the only one in there, still though, he definitely made the cut.) In high school, he was my faithful friend. He put up with our "friendship problems" and girl drama. He listened to my random stories and laughed at the appropriate times. We have so many fun memories from that time of our life. I am so blessed to be married to someone who has been such a good friend for so many years.

The last four years have been wonderful. I love living with my very best friend. Life just feels right when he's around. He knows just how to cheer me up and how to make me laugh. Our wedding was one of the best days of my life, and things have only gotten better from there!

Rehearsal Day


Married!


Honeymoon in Florida


Our first year in Blacksburg was so special. We got to be together every night, no ship, no deployments, no duty. Life was simple and wonderful. We saw God provide for us in amazing and tangible ways that year.





The next year, we entered Navy reality and it was hard. It was quite a shock to go from being together every day to being apart every day. The first time Sam was away I remember thinking that there was no way I could survive this life. It's now been over 3 years and God has brought us through the hard times. He's provided friends and family to care for us.

First homecoming


Sam loves to take trips and explore, so we've been able to do many very fun things over these years. We especially like to go to places with beaches and palm trees.

Colorado for Lauren's wedding (December '06)


Panama City Beach- Part of a Deep South trip after Sam graduated..(May '07)


A beautiful bed and breakfast in Blacksburg- Part of our post-deployment trip (December 07)


Overnight trip to Williamsburg and Bush Gardens (July '08)


New England Trip (August '08)


The first time we went to Maine and found the Lobster Shack


Day trip to Boston, while Sam was at school in Newport (Jan. 09)


Hawaii (June 09)


Arkansas for Sam's brother's wedding (Dec 09)


Annnnddd I'll end with Arizona at Christmas


I left out Dahlgren and Maine, but you all have seen enough about those places. I could write pages about all the other fun and wonderful times we have had since being married...but I won't. I'm sure you've seen enough pictures of us for one day! I couldn't ask for a better husband and friend! Happy Anniversary Sam!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! :) Love you both!! you're wonderful, and I'm so happy to be able to see how God has blessed and lead you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Emily. I love seeing all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete