Monday, June 28, 2010

Simple Pleasures

I just had my groceries delivered to my car at Harris Teeter. It was amazing. I ordered them online the other day, drove up, told them my name and they loaded them in. My personal shopper called me this morning to tell me that she had made a couple substitutions for things that were on sale. Awesome. She said that she shopped for me just like she would shop for herself. I didn't have a membership card to get discounts and they had already filled out all the paperwork so that I could use my card today. I am very impressed. It's actually quite sad how excited I am about this. Guess that's what happens when you spend most of your time at home chilling in bed.

This is a wonderful contrast to driving to the commissary, inevitably getting blocked by someone standing in the entrance looking at their coupons or something while I'm trying to pass, maneuvering around the 539485708374894 people who are always there, no matter when I go, not being able to get to the things I want to get to because some lady with her two carts and 10 kids is standing in the aisle agonizing about which product is the best deal and either having contractions or worrying about having contractions the whole time. I could get used to this....

3 comments:

  1. I don't think its sad to get super excited about grocery shopping success....grocery shopping is totally my favorite hobby (which IS sad), but simple pleasures are the best kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! Glad you found a way to get groceries that won't make you do too much lifting. Praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah, I hate going to the commissary--this sounds great! I'm so glad that this works for you and that you're able to see the bright side to this crummy situation! Love you!

    ReplyDelete