Yes, next Monday I will be waking up in my own apartment, in my own bed! We spent this past weekend looking at apartments. We were once again blessed by the hospitality of our friends down there and enjoyed having some time to hang out and catch up. The weather was beautiful, especially yesterday, which added to the joy of the weekend. After securing an apartment on Saturday, we spent much of the afternoon enjoying civilization. So many restaurants, Starbucks and stores there! We got Starbucks on the beach (we sat inside, because it was windy and freezing, but we did look at the water for a few minutes), then we looked at Bob strollers, which are awesome and expensive, and then we looked at Dyson vacuum cleaners, also awesome and expensive. The Bob purchase is probably inevitable, the Dyson is still up for debate. Whatever the outcome, we enjoyed the fact that are stores that sell these items. On the way back to Dahlgren, we stopped at the outlets in Williamsburg, and I tried on my first pair of maternity pants. I am not in dire need of them yet, but my selection of comfortable pants is growing smaller, so we thought it would be a good idea to at least look. I understand why people wear these things now, they were super comfortable. I was also excited because I looked more pregnant just wearing them, due to the stretchy material. I did not buy anything yesterday but it was fun just to look. I feel a little less afraid of maternity clothes now and excited to start actually looking pregnant.
This week is exciting not only because it's the last week in Dahlgren, but also because I start my second trimester tomorrow! The whole thing is starting to feel a little more real and a little more fun now. I am still afraid of something going wrong, but the excitement is starting to outweigh the fear more often. I am really looking forward to shopping for baby things and getting the room set up in our apartment!
I really wanted to open the windows in our room today, because the weather is beautiful. Nothing ever goes how I think it's going to go here though. The windows are ridiculously heavy. I tried both windows and I cannot get them open. I am sad because the cleaning lady sprays a nasty smelling air freshener spray and I was really looking forward to replacing that smell with some fresh air! Oh well. Only a few more days!!!! Though I have not enjoyed this place, I think I will look back with good memories of all the funny things we have experienced here. Sitting in our car in the McDonald's parking lot in the pouring rain eating McFlurry's makes all the lonely, boring days worth it!
Loved reading your last post and this one! :) Glad to hear things are going well! Can't wait to see the new place!!
ReplyDeleteEarly grats on the 2nd Trimester tomorrow! Glad to hear you guys will be out of there soon :)
ReplyDeleteYay, glad you all are on the last leg of ol' Dahlgren. Can't wait to see preggo pictures of you! :-)
ReplyDeleteGet a Dyson!!! You'll never regret it and it's worth every penny!
ReplyDeleteWe got a Phil & Ted it has been worth every penny - I HIGHLY recommend. My friends with Bob's like it better than theirs. We also have a Dyson and it was worth every penny. I also HIGHLY recommend.
ReplyDelete