Well, I've made it to my due date! It's kind of unbelievable that this day is here. September 7 sounded so far away for so long. Unfortunately, this day doesn't mean too much if Joel isn't born. I've had regular contractions off and on since Saturday morning and it's starting to drive me crazy. I get my hopes up, start timing and then they always seem to stop. It really feels like I'm never going to actually go into labor. Sam and I feel like the clock is ticking too fast, since he has to be back at the ship a week from today, but we have to keep reminding ourselves that until today, I hadn't even reached my due date yet, much less gone late. I have been really hoping Joel would be born today, partly because it would give Sam a full week with him and partly because my doctor is on call today and I'd really like her to deliver him. I was hoping to wake up in real labor last night, but no such luck so far. I did wake up with contractions, but once again, after several regular ones in a row, they seem to have stopped. So now I've been awake since two, feel exhausted and am still not in labor. Thank you to all of you who are praying for us. Please keep it up. Each day is going to get harder as we get more stressed about Sam having to leave sooner and sooner. I also am feeling more and more weary of thinking this might be it and then realizing it's still not.
Sam and I have had a great time together, despite the fact that we have no baby yet. We got ice cream and walked on the board walk Saturday, went to Williamsburg Sunday afternoon to shop and walk and spent the day at the beach yesterday (which included a long walk..are you noticing a trend here??). The weather has been absolutely beautiful, which is a huge blessing.
Hopefully I will have some more exciting news soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment