I had a revelation this week. This should be obvious, but so often it isn't. I act more like Jesus when I spend more time with Him. I know that's shocking.
This move has been a hard transition for me. Connections with other moms haven't happened as quickly or obviously as I was hoping and I've had a bad attitude about it. I've been discouraged that my attitude wasn't more in line with where I knew it should be and I didn't know how to change it. I've placed unrealistic expectations on Sam, expecting him to fill a place in my soul that he can never fill. A friend gave me the link to this blog and after reading it, I'd been contemplating the idea of getting up early to spend time reading the Bible and praying. On Sunday morning, Joel woke up at 4am and took a little while to fall back asleep, so I decided that since I was already up, I would read and pray for a while.
I've only been doing this for 3 days now and it has been amazing. I feel like I've been depriving my soul and it is drinking in God's word and quiet time in His presence. And as a result of that sweet time with Jesus, who is the only perfect friend I will ever have, I have felt less lonely and sorry for myself and been able to appreciate the blessings I do have here. I'm praying and if you are willing you can pray along with me, that I will remember how wonderful and necessary it is to set aside more than a few minutes to read and pray, if I want to see change in my life and feel satisfied.
No comments:
Post a Comment