Thursday, June 30, 2011

A big change..

It has been way too long since I wrote anything on here. These past couple months have been crazy. We have been traveling a lot and figuring out the details of some big changes. One reason I haven't been blogging is because I've been spending my time between travels unpacking, cleaning and having play dates, but another reason is that I wasn't ready to announce our next step officially quite yet. Sam will be leaving his ship in the next few months and starting a job in Florida this fall.

This decision has been emotional for me over the past couple months. I am so excited for Sam and for the opportunities that this move provides for him. We love the area where we are moving and will be living in our first home there (assuming all goes well). This past weekend we looked at 16 houses in one day and over the next few days made a decision about which house we wanted, put in an offer and got it accepted. We are so excited for Joel to have a backyard, a driveway and a safe neighborhood with sidewalks to grow up in. We are sick of apartment living and can't wait to own our own place. Our yard will have several palm trees in it and a huge screened in patio where we can sit in the evening and enjoy a cool breeze from the ocean. (Want to come visit yet??)

On the other side of things, I have grown pretty attached to our life here and have some dear friends who I'm really going to miss. I know it's going to hurt to say goodbye. It was painful to move away from Blacksburg and we only lived there for 10 months. We have been here for 4 years. I graduated from college here, we had a baby here, we started and ended our time in the Navy here. I think my fellow new mom friends will always be special to me, because we started this journey of motherhood together.

I've been wanting to write about how faithful God has been to us in all of this. We weren't really sure if any of this was going go work out, but God has worked out the details so smoothly. When we went to Florida for Sam to interview in May, we prayed that God would make the decision clear. We felt like the trip could not have gone any smoother. The job was everything we were hoping for and we loved the area. This time, once again, God led us as we tried to make a huge decision in a short amount of time and we have seen his care for us and his provision so clearly.

We'd appreciate your continued prayers as we move forward and as we face difficult goodbyes!

3 comments:

  1. Emily I am so excited for your family! Where in Florida are you going? We are headed the opposite direction- we'll be in RI by August. We also just came back from a house hunting trip. I hope we'll get to see you again before we go. Thank you for tying each thing you do to the Lord's faithfulness. It is beautiful when you can see Him providing and how He's been planning this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is awesome isn't He? Once we step out in faith, He always provides. I'll be praying for your smooth transition into civilian life. I'm so happy for you guys!! Your son is blessed to have you as parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are moving to Florida too!! I will message you on FB! Maybe we'll be closer once again!

    ReplyDelete